Alright... let's get to it...
1. (And probably the most cliche) is to continue losing weight. I posted last week a little bit of my struggle up to this point, but I figured there's no time like the present. Aaron and I are going to start counting calories and doing the Couch to 5k training together. This worked well for me last time, and I know it will again.
2. Run 2 5k's this year. Spring and Fall. We're planning on registering for the Indianapolis 500 Festival 5k on May 4th. Then in the fall we'll run the Relay For Life 5k. It will give us an opportunity to continue training but also compare our times for each race.
3. Pay off Debt and Save. I haven't said much about this regarding Aaron's work, but his new job with the post office will be a significant pay raise for us. We've been able to sit down and create a tentative budget that will allow us to save an emergency fun, pay off our credit card debt (which is all our debt with exception of school loans) and continue saving towards purchasing another car and a down payment on a house. We attended Financial Peace University in the Fall of 2011 and we'll be implementing Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps to Financial Freedom. We should have all our debt paid off by summer!
4. A weekend getaway for Aaron and I. With the exception of our Honeymoon, Aaron and I have never had a "getaway" together. Aaron and I are in a rebuilding stage in our marriage. If you've followed my blog or know us well, you know that the last 12 weeks of our marriage hasn't been roses. Personal baggage and the problems we've had in the last 5 years finally pinnacled. We're in counseling and we're making HUGE steps towards having a marriage that we both want and that glorifies God. I'm hoping that we'll be able to put some money aside for the next few months so that in the fall we can have a nice weekend away.
5. Take a class. I want to take a class in something this year. I've talked in the past about possibly taking a nutrition class. I'd enjoy cake decorating. A cooking class would be fun. At some point in 2013 I'd like to take a little time for myself and learn something new!
6. Read through the Bible in a year. I've never done this. Aaron and I are using a YouVersion plan for this and doing it together. I'm also going through the 21 day Made to Crave YouVersion plan with a friend.
(I'm going to lump a few together for the sake of length)
7. Memorize Scripture and Fast. Fasting isn't something I've done much. Once or twice that I can remember I made an attempt to fast but didn't really understand the point of it. I plan on taking some time to study all the scripture I can related to fasting and then implement those principles in my life. Secondly, I need to memorize scripture. The bible study I'm doing, No Other Gods by Kelly Minter, she talks about the ULTRA subtle deceptions Satan uses to get us to believe lies. Those ultra subtle deceptions are true, but they are not Truth. And in order for us to realize that it's not Truth, we have to know what Truth is. Her point is that in order to recognize Satan's deceptions from a mile away, you've gotta know what's real to begin with. So, in an attempt to recognize those deceptions in my life, I need to know more of the Truth. So, my goal is to memorize a verse a week. I'm hoping to make a "Verse of the Week" board and put it up in the house and have the kids try and do this with me. It's never to early to hide Truth in their hearts either!
So there ya have it. My 2013 goals. And actually that's not all of them, but that's all I'm comfortable sharing right now. There were some very high "highs" in 2012 and some very low "Lows", but I know that God's mercies are new every morning.
My theme verses for this year is Ephesians 3:20-21...
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
This year I'm going to expect God to be God and do more than I could ever ask or imagine of Him. I'm going to expect the unexpected and believe that His plan and desires for me far surpass anything I could plan for myself!!