Ok, so onto my favorites this week. I'm surprised I came up with five because quite honestly, I can't remember most of the week!
1. Valentine's Day! We had such a great day! Macie and I enjoyed going to Emmy's school for her party! Then we relaxed in the afternoon and enjoyed pink heart pancakes for dinner. Then we watched a movie before the girls went to bed. It was a great day! :-)
2. DEBT FREE!! Ok, we're not 100% debt free. We've got school loans we'll be paying for years and one other random outstanding debt that is really what I described it- random. But other than that, we were able to pay off our credit card debt, a loan, and outstanding medical bills this week. It's a great feeling!
3. Lent started this week and I went back and forth about what I wanted to fast. I knew I wanted to do something and I wanted it to be something that wasn't easy for me to do. I kept coming up with fasting pop but I didn't figure that would be super hard for me. WRONG!! Oh man, today is the first day I've felt remotely normal. I've had a terrible headache and my stomach has been queasy. Guess pop was a good decision! I can see how it's addicting! Yesterday it seemed like all I could think about was diet coke! Is this a favorite? No. But it has been a highlight!
4. Yesterday's blog post. It took me a few days to write yesterday's post. I had been thinking about it for a little over a week and I decided to go ahead and do it. Aaron read most of it before I posted it because I wanted us to both be ok with what I put out there about our situation. He was good with it, so up it went. And what a relief. I wasn't positive how well it would be received, because let's just be honest- Christian's don't have problems. Yesterday's post isn't 100% of our story, and someday we hope to be able to tell all of it, but right now isn't the time. I got a lot of positive feedback on the post and I hope that it will continue to do what it was intended to do- let people know that nothing is hopeless. God is faithful and capable of anything, even when we feel like we're past the end.
5. I GOT MY FURNITURE!!!! Oh man, I'm so excited! It looks great! Once I get my end tables refinished I'll do a living room reveal. So sorry, no pictures yet!
I hope that you have a great weekend! It's a long one for most people, and I'm thankful for that! I'll be back on Monday with our Menu and the new verse of the week!